If you have ever had the opportunity to travel across western Canada in mid July, you will certainly have come across a scene in which you will have slowed down or even stopped to take a closer look at a sea of blue flowers gently swaying in the sun. THIS IS FLAX. This is the crop that has gained so much popularity in recent times because of its nutritional value noted mainly for its high content of the Omega 3 essential fatty acid, ALA (alpha linolenic acid).
Our Flaxseed oil:
- Canadian origin, locally grown
- Expeller pressed (“cold pressed”), filtered and un-refined
- Brown and golden varieties available
- Alpha linolenic acid (ALA) content averages at 55%
- Herbicide / Pesticide residue free
- Lesser amounts of Omega 6 and Omega 9 EFA’s
- Certified KOSHER
- Certified ORGANIC
- A vegetarian source of Omega 3’s (in the form of ALA) instead of fish products
- Flaxseed products, including the oil, are being used in the ingredient package of many functional foods.
- Worldwide clinical trials have proven the health benefits with all flaxseed products
- Non GMO (Genetically Modified Organism). To date there are no genetically modified flax varieties commercially available
- Flaxseed contains generous amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber
- Flaxseed hulls contain significant concentrations of lignans